Facts about Abuse
Control is maintained through, for example:
PHYSICAL ABUSE: Grabbing, pinching, punching, shoving, slapping, hitting, hair pulling, scratching, biting, throwing things at you; stopping you from getting medical care or forcing you to use alcohol and/or drugs.
* Read more Facts About Abuse and what you can do to help
- Department of Social Development (Western Cape).
- GreaterGood South Africa for their donations to the Shelter.
- National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund.
- Risk Benefit Solutions for their monthly financial contribution.
- Soroptimist International Cape of Good Hope for renovations in the Shelter and for the creation and upkeep of the Shelter garden.
- St Andrew's Church, Newlands for their generous donation to the Shelter Child Care Programme.
- Woolworths Belvedere Road for their donations of food to the Shelter.
- National Development Agency.
- Anglo-American Chairman’s Fund for helping to fund the job skills programme.
- Carl & Emily Fuchs Foundation for contributing towards the building of the second stage houses.
- Checkers N1 City for their donations to the Shelter.
- Chris Pinkham for a donation towards building more second stage houses.
- Department of Public Enterprises for helping to fund the one-stop centre replication programme.
- D G Murray Trust for the development of the resource centre.
- Foundation for Human Rights for helping to fund the Legal Advice and Training Project.
- Investec for their donation of Shelter equipment.
- Nedbank (Claremont – Craig Slater) for monetary donation, clothing and toys.
- Rolf-Stephan Nussbaum Foundation for funding further second stage housing.
- SAB for their donation to the Shelter and contributions to the Centre's AGMs.
- Woolworths Century City for their donations of food to the Shelter.
- Woolworths Pinelands for their donations of food and clothing to the Shelter.
And thanks to all individual donors and friends and to volunteers who give of their time so generously.