Facts about Abuse
If women use physical violence, it is usually in self-defense. Women who in desperation kill their abusive husbands, receive harsher sentences than men who kill their wives/partners. Men who complain that they are abused by their wife/partner, are likely to be told to go home and "discipline" her. Women who complain are likely to be told to go home and give him another chance.
* Read more Facts About Abuse and what you can do to help
The Saartjie Baartman halls and boardroom may be hired for training courses, meetings, conferences or other functions by any organization wanting a venue in the greater Athlone area. They are available seven days a week, including evenings.
The following are available:
- Tables and chairs (Main Hall: 120 seats; Boardroom: 20 seats; Blue Room: 100 seats)
- Television monitor and Video/DVD player in both halls
- Overhead projectors
- Flipchart stands
Requirements must be made known to the booking staff when booking the hall.
Kindly note that the following rates do not include catering.
- Saartjie Baartman partners: free
- NPO’s and community-based organisations: Main Hall: R850.00 (R350.00 refundable if no breakages or damage to equipment);
- Boardroom: R400.00 (R150.00 refundable); Blue Room: R600.00 (R200.00 refundable)
- Other: Main Hall: R1000.00 (R350.00 refundable if no breakages or damage to equipment); Boardroom: R500.00 (R150.00 refundable); Blue Room: R750.00 (R200.00 refundable)
- The halls/boardroom must be left in the same condition that they were found.
- The hirer is responsible for repairing/replacing any damage/breakages to property or equipment, which is over and above the refundable fee.
- The full amount is payable before the event. R350.00 (Main Hall), R150.00 (Boardroom) or R200.00 (Blue Room) will be refundable, provided the equipment is left undamaged and in a satisfactory condition.
- Please remove any flipchart paper that is stuck on the walls of the halls or boardroom immediately after your workshop/meeting.
- All bookings and catering requirements must be made through the Saartjie Baartman administrator.
- Requirements need to be made known at the time of booking.
- Cheques are payable to The Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children.
021 633 5287