The Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children (SBCWC) seeks to appoint a Director who will have the primary responsibility of strategic leadership, fundraising, marketing and communications.
In addition to the primary focus, the successful candidate must have a strong Human Resource background and the ability to run the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Responsible for the development and the maintenance of the SBCWC and its image.
- Director must develop the overall medium and long-term fundraising targets (including those for corporate and individual face-to face donors aligned to the overall strategy);
- Develop and manage multi-channel fundraising programmes and strategies;
- Build solid prospect management, research and donor stewardship programmes
- Oversee backend systems
- Develop and implement the communications strategy;
- Head up the panel that will manage and lead the Marketing, Fundraising and Communications strategy of the SBCWC.
- Take responsibility for the Human Resource processes of the organisation.
- Be responsible for the efficient management of all the financial resources of the Centre.
- Minimum of five years proven experience in NGO-sector particularly in fundraising and communication;
- Experience of the development and execution of fundraising strategies with an emphasis on individual and corporate sector fundraising;
- Very good understanding of gender-based violence issues in South African and global context;
- Experience in management functions and HR responsibilities.
- Experience of the development and execution of media relations;
- Experience of developing and implementing organisational policies.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter detailing your experience in each of the key accountabilities above. CV must contain at least two references.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Shaheema McLeod
The closing date is Friday, 20th July 2017. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.