The vision of the SBCWC is the creation of a safe and secure society and a human rights culture, where women and children are empowered to exercise their full rights.
The mission of the SBCWC, as a human rights-based, non-governmental organisation, is to provide a comprehensive range of services that are accessible and safe to women and children by:
- Working in partnership with organisations that advocate ending violence against women and children;
- Providing 24-hour emergency shelter, short and medium term residential care, and childcare services;
- Prioritising awareness of women’s rights on issues such as HIV/AIDS, gender-based violence, legal and socio-economic rights.
We have established an integrated and comprehensive one-stop centre for women and children who are survivors of gender-based violence
Immediate objectives are to:
- Manage an effective and co-ordinated one-stop centre partnership that provides a comprehensive range of services for abused women and children.
- Establish, through research, a best practice intervention model to challenge and end violence against women and children.
- Provide effective community outreach work to end violence against women and children through preventative and awareness programmes.
- Develop an effective networking relationship with other organisations, networks and tertiary institutions that advocate and seek an end to violence against women and children.
- Promote research and advocacy on gender-based violence in order to influence policy makers and society in general.